Thursday 29 September 2011

College Magazine

The aim of this task was to create a college magazine front cover. I used three different college magazine front covers as my research and I'm satisfied with the outcome of my cover.

I used pieces of this magazine to help me create my front cover. The blue bar along the bottom i changed to yellow to draw the reader in. I aslo thought the dark, grey background made the blue in this magazine stand out more, so i assumed that it would make yellow stand out even more.






With this magazine, i thought that the bright colours made it look to crowded and complicated so i decided to keep colour to a mimum. However, i liked the way that the subtitles were larger than the original subtext so i used that to improve my front cover of my college magazine.
For my magazine to be appealing, i had to use bright colours but in moderation. i used yellow and red to contrast against a dark, but visible background and i used a dark blue in the places where the yellow or red would be washed out by the light colours in the background. Here is my finished college magazine front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment